Colonial PRESCHOOLWelcome to Colonial Preschool!
We are an academic Christian preschool and child development center serving children at two campuses (Kansas City, MO and Overland Park, KS). We provide a joyful and safe environment where children can love learning while reaching developmental milestones through play and structured curriculum, focusing on social-emotional growth, academics, and kindergarten readiness.
It is our goal to model the gentle grace and love of Jesus Christ to our students as we help them build a loving relationship with Him by praying together, sharing the Word of God, and learning about God’s beautiful world. We pray our children leave Colonial with a love for learning, a love for God and a love for others.
We value and believe the following:
- Jesus Loves Me
- This is Church
- Love One Another
- It’s All about Jesus and the Children
CLASSESYour kid's education is our highest priority.
Preschool class listing below is by age, youngest to oldest. Offering the youngest opportunity for learning at 15 months to Transitional Kindergarten for those who are 5 years of age.
helping children love learningColonial Preschool Curriculum
"And In Stature..." | Physical Development |
Each day your child will have the opportunity to move and be physically active in the following ways:
- Use and develop large and small muscles, and build coordination and strength through play and planned motor activities
- Develop body control, self and body awareness and left /right brain development through a unique Movement is Fun physical education program developed by an occupational therapist
- Play on outdoor and indoor large-motor equipment
- Learn about and practice good health and safety habits
- Learn how to rest and relax
“And Jesus Grew In Wisdom...”
With the uniqueness of each child in mind, we will provide a learning environment that will help children develop a love for school and learning, building an outstanding foundation for Kindergarten.
Our curriculum includes the areas of:
- Reading Readiness / Phonemic Awareness
- Mathematical Concepts / Numbers Problem Solving
- Fine Motor Coordination, Pre-writing and Writing Skills (Handwriting Without Tears curriculum)
- Science and Nature Concepts and Exploration
- Art Activities and Creativity
- Music and Rhythm
Luke 2:52 | "And Jesus Grew In Wisdom and In Favor with God and Man."
Our dedicated and well-trained teachers are eager to provide a stimulating and creative educational environment for your child, all the while surrounding him or her with their love and the love of the Lord. We commit ourselves to a deep concern for the overall intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of each child within a Christian environment seeking to instill sound Biblical values and virtues.
“And Man...” | Social / Emotional Development |
We will strive to help your child:
- Understand their own feelings and appreciate the feelings of others
- Feel they are a unique individual who is loved and accepted
- Be independent in their self-help skills
- Accept loving authority and direction
- Enjoy playing with others in a group
- Discover a joy for learning
- Learn to share and take turns
- Learn to cope with frustrations and fears
- Learn to make good decisions and choices
“And In Favor With God...” | Spiritual Development |
In our church-affiliated school, your child will be taught these basic spiritual concepts:
- God is the creator of the world and He loves each of us in a wonderful way
- Jesus is God’s son who is alive and is our best friend
- The Bible is God's Word that tells us about God and Jesus
- Prayer is talking to God anytime, any place
- We attend church to worship God
- Read the Jesus Storybook Bible together each day
Overland Park Preschool DirectorMichele Isringhausen
I have always loved learning and knew by 5th grade that I wanted to instill that love in others through teaching. I obtained a degree in Elementary Education and Reading (and my husband), while in college at Southwest Baptist University. After college my husband, Dwight, took a job in retail and as we grew our family, we began to move, and move, and move. In 2003, after moving over 20 times, we settled in KC with our four children and now ten grandchildren. Although teaching kindergarten was my all-time favorite job, my heart turned to early childhood where I could still love on the littles while supporting families, especially moms raising littles in a crazy, busy world. I am so blessed to be at Colonial in a program that has supported families and taught littles to love others and Jesus for over 50 years. Our Colonial Family is a wonderful community that works together to teach our littles to love learning, love others and love God.
South KC Preschool DirectorLindsey Belcher
I knew I wanted to work with kids from a very early age and began babysitting for children in the neighborhood. I nannied through college and graduated from the University of Kansas with an early childhood education degree.
In 2009 I married and shorty there after, my husband and I were and blessed with a daughter, Madelyn and son, Jackson. Madelyn began attending Colonial Preschool when she was 3 years old. I felt comfortable leaving my daughter in a place that I knew she was loved, safe and receiving God's word. Because of this positive experience, I took the leap of faith and asked Michele Isringhausen, OP Preschool Director, if there were any teaching opportunities available. She said, in fact I have a position opening in January. I was not prepared to start that soon, but after much prayer and guidance from the Lord, I knew it was the right thing to do for my family.
After a few years of teaching, I was offered a position to be the director of preschool at South KC. Now, six years later, I am blessed to be a part of this amazing program that shares the love of Jesus with the children and families.
PREPARING FOR THE NEXT STEPKindergarten Readiness!
Our academic preschool is honored to help your children begin their journey to kindergarten! We are here to answer any of your questions.
MAKE A PAYMENT ONLINEOnline Tuition Payment
To make an online payment, please go to MyProcare.com and set up an account using the email address you have given the school. The name and the email must match what we have in our system in order to set up an account.
In addition, you may choose to have the school automatically withdraw your tuition monthly using the Tuition Express Authorization Form. Download the form and return to the preschool office.
Kids EventsConnecting kids and families.
The fun continues beyond Sunday mornings! Throughout the year, safe, fun and engaging events are planned to provide connection with God, friends, family and neighbors. For safety reasons, a current Medical & Likeness Authorization Form is required for kids to participate without a parent or guardian in attendance.